Blake beside a wheat field behind my parents' house:
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Our weekend on the road!
Thursday found us driving to the airport so Trint could fly to Phoenix to play his trumpet for a church over the weekend. The rest of us went on to my parents. Our total drive was 7 hours! Christopher kept asking, "Are we almost there yet?" Sound familiar?
Then Friday morning, we got up early and drove another 7 hours to SD for my brother's college graduation. (Can hardly believe my baby brother is graduating from college! I remember when he was born!!) Congratulations, Rodney!
He had a nice graduation with several graduates from college, highschool (home-schooled kids), an 8th grade graduate, and a Kindergarten graduate. It was nice to see some people there that I haven't seen since I left the school which was 8 years ago! (Makes me feel really old!)
My boys had some fun while there with their uncles, playing at the park, & splashing each other with the drinking fountain water!
Saturday, we had a little time with my brothers and got to see where Rodney works and then we drove the 7 hours back to my parents. We stayed Sunday at my parents and then Monday we traveled again to pick up Trint--another 7 hours. We even did some shopping on the way home. The boys were sure tired of their car seats after 28 hours in them in 5 days!! Trint had a good time in Phoenix and was able to celebrate his birthday with his family. We also had a good time with my parents and some friends.
I'm thankful for our safe trips. I did have a flat tire but thankfully we were at a McDonald's with
a playplace so the boys had something to do while I had the tire changed. The worst part of it was that while I was on the phone with the guy who was to come change the tire, another kid bit Blake on the back really hard and he was crying really bad so I quickly crawled inside the playplace to get him out while holding the phone! I wonder what that guy thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! Janette, you are an amazing Lady. I don't think I would have ever driven the first 7 hours, let alone 28 hours! But, I'm sooo glad you got to go to see your parents, and then on to your Brothers graduation, etc. How fun! Sorry for the flat tire, but glad it happened at a good spot; Sorry that you had to crawl inside the playland to find your hurt boy, while on the phone. Bless your heart!! Glad Trint had a good trip to AZ too! I enjoyed reading all the news and seeing the fun pics.
Love, Heather =)
Heather--
Just wanted to thank you for all your comments on my blog. Glad your family enjoyed the dessert!
I'm sure you had your share of hours of driving on your deputation too!
Ugh! I do not like road trips! Between tapes, books, snacks, games and the DVD player, the boys do well, but I still dislike them. I think most of it is due to the fact I get carsick easily.
How neat that you got to go to SD. I always enjoy catching up with my old friends there.
Sounds like quite a trip! Congratulations to Rodney on his graduation. Glad you were able to go. =)
Post a Comment