Layered Dessert
Crust:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter or oleo
1/2 c. chopped nuts
Combine. Press in 9x13 pan. Bake 350 degrees for 20 min. Cool.
2nd layer:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. cool whip
Combine. Spread over the crust.
3rd layer:
1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
2 c. milk
Beat slowly until smooth and thick. Spread over 2nd layer.
Top with the remainder of 8 oz. pkg. of cool whip. Sprinkle with nuts.
Chill and serve.
(I don't use cool whip often and so I have used 1/4 c. milk in place of the 1 c. cool whip and skipped the layer of cool whip on top. It's still good that way too.)
Enjoy!!
3 comments:
This looks very yummy!
Hey girl, I have not made this in such a long time, and seeing it on your blog makes me want to make it TODAY! =) Phillip and the kids will be HAPPY that I visited your blog!
Take care,
Love, Heather =)
Janette, I made your dessert yesterday. =) I did not know that Phillip didn't remember ever eating that...and when he saw me making it...he was thinking to himself that it Looked GROSS! (For he's not a real choc. lover!) But after his first BITE...he was very delighted that I had made it (and that I had visited your blog to get the idea! =) There are about 1,000 names for that recipe, but Mom Dickinson's recipe calls it "Husbands Delight" and my husband surely WAS DELIGHTED with it! =)
Have a wonderful day,
Love, Heather =)
Post a Comment