Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More Flood Pictures

The top row is pictures of the Arkansas River that is normally almost dry and this weekend it was almost to flood stage!
The second row of pictures is houses that had their yards and driveways covered and their houses and sheds were also sitting in water! We have a lot to be thankful for even with our basement leaks--at least our house wasn't standing in water!
By the way, the field that the animals were standing in (previous post picture) are still covered in water today, but the animals have been moved!

Here is a picture of a lake in town (I put three pictures together). The water came clear up to the play ground area! All the picnic shelters, the little walk-over bridge and the petal boat shed were all in water. Notice how high the water is to the volleyball net!
Saturday through Monday was crazy around here. I spent lots of time dipping gallons of water out from under our house in the small crawl space under our house. I even crawled under the house (the bottom middle picture is the little space I had to crawl through--good thing I'm not any bigger!) to rig up a syphon so that the water would syphon to the sump pump rather than getting more on our floors (that's what the white tubing between the furnace & hot water tank is). The syphon ran for 2 days and 2 nights and finally the water level got down far enough that it stopped and is actually drying up! The top picture is part of our office (where our desks had been). Monday we spent the day rearranging our office--a really huge job when you have "millions" of cords and cables to move and find the correct place for! I sure hope this doesn't become our yearly ritual (we had to move everything last year in June when we had flooding in our basement)! We've been running fans on the carpet non-stop and some of it is dry, but we do have a little water coming in the wall leak still. The worse thing about it now is that it stinks and I have to spray it with Fabreeze to try to get the rank smell out! Outside also stinks like a pond because of all the water sitting around.

No comments: