To top off the end of my "bad day" in the previous post, I went to bed late after blogging and found Blake to be fussing and he ended up vomiting and I had to scrub out his sheets and change his clothes! Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep for a while and didn't sleep real well because I was listening for any little groan that might mean more, but it never did happen again and he was fine. Something he ate must not of agreed with him.
When we came out of the library, it was barely sprinkling and the sky was very dark gray in the west. On our way home, we saw that it had already rained in our area. After we got home, I put the mower away just in the nick of time. It poured a couple times and we even got a little bit of hail. We ended up with probably around 1 inch of hard, fast rain.
For my garden this year, we (Trint has helped me some too) are making trenches between each of the planting beds because my garden got flooded out several times last summer. So far, it looks like the trenches are working. Hope we don't get much more than an inch at a time, or everything will flood over! I'm really hoping and praying for a good crop this year. Last year I had troubles with rabbits (that's the main reason for the fence but it also keeps out our dog and kids!), flooding and a bad hail storm. I still have quite a bit of planting to do, but I've at least got it started. Now I have to wait for the ground to dry again before I can do more!! Don't you like my nice "straight" rows?! Ha! I don't care as long as it produces crops!

Our tenants are moving out this month and so we've got our other house in town up for rent starting in June.
This weekend, we are planning to have company and so I have to get this house cleaned up good and get ready for that. I enjoy the company, but not the cleaning! :-/
We are also currently looking for a pastor because our pastor will be moving away this summer. :-( We will miss them a lot! We have sure had a lot of fun with them. God knows what our future holds and we have to leave it up to Him!
4 comments:
I love the "cages." It is so cute! :-)
Hope all goes well with your garden. Nothing beats one's own home-grown produce.
I'm soooo sorry that y'all's pastor and family are moving away. HOW SAD!! They seem like such dear people. We will try to pray that God will send the right pastor to y'all!
Love, Heather =)
Also, sorry for the rough day that you had...I know we Mommy's have those kind of days. All of your pics are CUTE!
Enjoyed catching up with y'all and your lives.
Love, Heather
The boys are growing up. They are very cute. They look like they play well together. Your garden plot looks great-even with all the water. I'm sure you will get lots to eat out of such a big area. Have fun.
Post a Comment