Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's been one of those days...

...in the life of a Mom!

Thumbs Down


I'm sure there are others out there that have "those days" too. Seems like things don't go right, you're frustrated and wish you could curl up in a corner and not be seen for a while!

My day started okay, but then the boys and I had to sit and wait for an additional hour (after an hour shopping) at Wal-Mart for the tires on our van to be rotated and balanced while Trint sat at the gym all sweaty and hungry after playing an hour of basketball. (Thankfully we didn't have anything happen in the store like a "Cart Catapulting Event" like Martha's boys did!)

Faint


After we finally got the van and picked up Trint, I made a little mistake that has been nagging at me and I've been praying it works out well in the end anyway.

Bubble Bath


When we get home and put things away and get some laundry done and a late lunch eaten, my 4 year old informs me that my 2 year old has made an embarrassing mess in the front yard of all places! (We've been working on potty training, but sometimes when he knows he has dirtied, he pulls down his pants, but forgets that he needs to do it in the bathroom, not anywhere!) Time out for clean up! Yuck!



Then I couldn't make supper without a mess and we had a cup of tea spill on the supper table.

Fly Swat

After supper, I tried to wind down by doing some garden work, fix a flat tire on my bike by replacing the inner tube while trying to keep from being eaten by mosquitoes, and then do a little blogging.


Thumbs Up


When I think about this day, it makes me realize that even though I think I had a rough day, there are many who have had an awful day and would laugh at my piddly day! I have so much to be thankful for and I am so blessed! Some things are just a part of life and a part of being a mother! Hope you all have had a wonderful day and don't forget to thank God for all that you have even if you had a rough day!

Have A Nice Day

2 comments:

Martha C said...

I shouldn't laugh, but Blake's front yard incident is hilarious! :-)

Vicki said...

Don't feel bad....Chad decided to pee in the flower pots at one of the campmeetings when he was potty training!!