Friday, June 01, 2007

A little update...

Seems like ages since my last post, but I've been busy trying to organize and name all the pictures in my digital photo files (a really big job because I'm way behind) as well as a few other things such as celebrating Trint's birthday, trying to find a renter for our house, having our pastor's family over for a meal on Memorial Day,

making cinnamon rolls (using my bread maker),

spending 3.5 hours in the garden yesterday hoeing, planting and digging...

...only to have it rain 2 inches last night and probably ruin everything I did.

I think God's answer to my prayer about having a good crop this year is, "No." From my previous planting of lettuce, spinach, carrots, beets, peas, beans, onions, & dill, I have about 4 lettuce, 1 spinach, 1 beet, about 6 carrots and 1 dill! I actually planted new seeds (other plants) in the same spots where nothing came up, but I think I will officially stop trying to have a garden this year unless I plant in pots on our back porch! I hope my tomato plants and radishes don't get ruined as well. (I will sure miss the home-grown veggies.) We've probably had about 20 inches of rain in the month of May--WAY TOO MUCH!!! The average rainfall for this area is about 26-29 inches in a whole YEAR!

The boys had a blast getting wet yesterday in the sprayer (it was about 80 degrees).

Today has been cloudy and sprinkling almost all day. One nice thing about all the rain and cool weather is that we haven't had to turn on the AC yet. It's only been to 85 a few times (possibly 90 one day), but it's actually been nice. Today was about 60 degrees!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the rain while you have it and can. The weather will turn hot and dry soon enough.

James

The Dickinsons said...

Sorry for allll of that rain, and your garden that I hope is NOT ruined! Sorry for all your HARD work, I trust it's not been vain! Bless your heart! Did I remember reading on your blog that your pastor and family are leaving? I've been praying for God to send the right pastor and family. If I got confused, at least God knows what prayers to answer and what ones not to answer. HA!

Have a wonderful weekend. I enjoyed the CUTE pictures and the update!
Love, Heather =)

Phillip D said...

Still missing you all. Happy Father's Day, Trint! Love to you all, Phillip