We've had quite a busy month. I had a visit from my midwife, got a renter for our other house (who will move in later this month) as well as did some work there--painting, cleaning carpets, pulling up carpet in the laundry room because the water was not turned off totally and got the whole room wet (and stinky--like dog pee--Yuck!), scraping the floor and painting it (concrete floor). We also had some kids from our church overnight and then my boys and I went to our Kansas State Holiness Youth Camp June 11-15 and we took a girl from our church. I believe there were about 69 campers. Bro. Jonathan Earls from Georgia was the evangelist. He did an excellent job!
~Kaitlynn (the girl we took to camp) and Christopher~
We had a good but exhausting time at youth camp. I took care of the pre-campers (ages 2-7) several hours each day. I had 4-6 kids most of the time and sometimes as many as 9 kids. It was challenging to keep them all happy playing games, coloring, playing ball, etc.


The campus has rustic log cabin looking buildings with a lot of trees and a creek that goes by it.

~Blake by our cabin~
We did have a good time and enjoyed watching the campers do their activities and contests, etc. One of the highlights of the camp is "Mack & Maude--the cleaning squad!" They are always so hilarious and have such creative and fun contests for the kids. This year's theme was "Christmas in June!" Of course, the most important thing is kids getting saved and growing closer to God. On Wednesday night, there were a whole lot of kids that prayed through and got saved and sanctified!
~Find your own stockings in a pile of socks while blindfolded and put them and your shoes on first!~
~You and a companion wrap a present with your middle hands tied together and not being able to use them!~
~Evening service~
~Bro. Jonathan Earls~
We had a good but exhausting time at youth camp. I took care of the pre-campers (ages 2-7) several hours each day. I had 4-6 kids most of the time and sometimes as many as 9 kids. It was challenging to keep them all happy playing games, coloring, playing ball, etc.
~Pre-campers in my cabin by some of their colored pictures and a poster we made~
~Blowing Bubbles~
~Blake by our cabin~
We did have a good time and enjoyed watching the campers do their activities and contests, etc. One of the highlights of the camp is "Mack & Maude--the cleaning squad!" They are always so hilarious and have such creative and fun contests for the kids. This year's theme was "Christmas in June!" Of course, the most important thing is kids getting saved and growing closer to God. On Wednesday night, there were a whole lot of kids that prayed through and got saved and sanctified!
~Bible Quiz~
~Camp fire where they sing, have testimonies and form a circle to pray together~
~Your team decorates a Christmas tree with things you can find and have a name and a presentation about your tree! The winner was the "Toilet Tree!"~
3 comments:
Wonderful report on youth camp, Janette. Love, Sherry Dickinson
Wow! Do I remember the fun we used to have at youth camp! I can't believe it's been so long that my neice and nephew are old enough to be Jr. Campers! I can't beleive Matt and Cheryl are still doing Mac & Maude! That is great! I really enjoyed your post!
You are a brave lady! I don't like to take my own kids and go to a camp, let alone watch others! :-)
Post a Comment