That's what I've been told. It hasn't flooded our area this bad since 1913 and it happens to be the year after we moved here! The last two summers at our previous location, we had bad flooding with water in the basement and our yard flooded. There we only had wet floors, but here we had about 6+ inches covering the floor of our basement! It's almost all dry finally (after 1 1/2 weeks) but it stinks pretty bad like mold. Everyone that I've talked to that has a basement, had water in it during this flood!
On Saturday (June 7), my brother called me at 11 AM and asked me if we had any problems with flooding. At that time, I checked our basement and it was fine & dry! At 11:50, I was in our bathroom and thought I heard something running and then stopping a bunch--like a sump pump--and so I checked the basement. Sure enough, there was water flowing across the floor! By 2 or 3 PM, we had about 6 inches at the bottom of the stairs (deeper by the sump pump). We bought a second sump pump to help drain it out faster. Water kept coming into our basement for more than a week! Trint & I tore out the carpet and hauled it outside (carpet is VERY heavy--especially when dripping wet!!!!). Trint also tore off a lot of the paneling on the walls. There are a lot of cracks that need to be patched.
Click HERE to see pictures of the flooding we had last year.
We have a lot to be thankful for! I'm so thankful that we didn't have our whole house flooded as some people did! My little garden was not hurt this year by the water like it was the last two years! Our yard hardly had any water at all! I'm thankful that our furnace was not damaged by the water and that we only had to replace the burner in our hot water tank and not the whole thing.
On Saturday (June 7), my brother called me at 11 AM and asked me if we had any problems with flooding. At that time, I checked our basement and it was fine & dry! At 11:50, I was in our bathroom and thought I heard something running and then stopping a bunch--like a sump pump--and so I checked the basement. Sure enough, there was water flowing across the floor! By 2 or 3 PM, we had about 6 inches at the bottom of the stairs (deeper by the sump pump). We bought a second sump pump to help drain it out faster. Water kept coming into our basement for more than a week! Trint & I tore out the carpet and hauled it outside (carpet is VERY heavy--especially when dripping wet!!!!). Trint also tore off a lot of the paneling on the walls. There are a lot of cracks that need to be patched.
Click HERE to see pictures of the flooding we had last year.
We have a lot to be thankful for! I'm so thankful that we didn't have our whole house flooded as some people did! My little garden was not hurt this year by the water like it was the last two years! Our yard hardly had any water at all! I'm thankful that our furnace was not damaged by the water and that we only had to replace the burner in our hot water tank and not the whole thing.
The walls and side of my dresser were warped.
No comments:
Post a Comment