Sunday, September 16, 2007

Finally DONE!

After 3 days of working between interruptions by a baby, 2 boys, meals and people coming to look at our house, I finally have a finished product (along with sore hands and a couple blisters for a while)!


From this...
...to this... ...and this... ...to this!
On Wednesday, Christopher helped me pick the crabapples from our tree and ground. Then Wednesday and Thursday I chopped and cooked them. On Friday, I finally got to the final stage--making apple crisp, jelly and apple butter! At first, I almost decided to forget doing anything with the apples because they looked so spotted and small and I was afraid it would be a waste of time, but thankfully, the insides weren't as bad as the outsides [you can't judge by outward appearance! :-)] and I ended up with an apple crisp, 5 quarts of apple-plum jelly (used some plum juice I had already), 2.5 quarts of apple-plum butter and 5.5 quarts of apple butter! I also made some homemade bread in my bread machine and we enjoyed homemade bread and jelly Friday night! Trint said it was "a hit" and that I really did a great job--he loved the jelly! That made all my work worth it! Since it was my first time to ever make jelly and butter and do canning by myself, I was afraid it might flop, but I'm thankful to God that He helped me do a good job!

2 comments:

Mom C said...

It all looks yummy! You're one amazing little mother to accomplish all that with a brand new baby and 2 active little boys! Wish I were close enough for you to share with me! -- Love you lots! -- Mom

Martha C said...

Good job on all the hard work!