Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Super Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe

Here is my favorite chocolate cake & frosting recipes. The cake is very moist and tasty and doesn't even dirty a bowl! Thought you might enjoy as well!

Instant Fudge Cake
2 c. sugar
3 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
2 t. vinegar
2/3 c. oil
2 c. cold water

In 9x13 inch pan, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, & salt. Add vanilla, vinegar, oil, & water and stir until well blended.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Frost with Chocolate Icing or your favorite!

Chocolate Icing
3 1/2 c. (1 lb.) powdered sugar
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1 egg (or sometimes I just use about 1/4 c. [3-4 T.] milk)
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
2 T. milk
1/2 c. cocoa
Combine ingredients and beat until fluffy. Use on 9x13 inch cake.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hey- Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had a little bit of trouble getting on yours but...here I am. :-)

I enjoyed seeing pics. of Camp. We had a great time there. Hope things are going well for you, esp. with your due date getting closer all the time. :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Janette, the cake looks yummy. Not sure if it's the same recipe I have, but I've saved it, and will have to try it sometime.

Also, Your Mother-in-law sent me news of your new baby!! YEA! CONGRATS! We're soooo happy for you! Sounds like you had the best "Mid wife" you could get! ;) What a NEAT STORY!

Love, Heather =)