Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back at home...

CHRISTOPHER IS 5!

Christopher's birthday was August 6th, but since we were driving back from IN, we celebrated his birthday on Aug. 7th. I made him a simple "Cars" cake and then we gave him gifts after supper.
His biggest and favorite gift was a bike that I fixed up for him! I bought it at a garage sale, fixed a tire, sanded it, painted it, and then put "Cars" stickers, a horn and training wheels on it.



Our dog, Chloe doesn't know what to think of the horn. Everytime Christopher honks, she runs over to the bike and tries to stick her nose in the horn and lick it. It also made the neighbor dogs bark!

Here are some pictures of Christopher's life:


~ 3 months old~
~1 year old~
~2 years old~
~3 years old~

~4 years old~

************************************************************

JANETTE IS ..?.. !

My birthday was Aug. 8th. I had a HOT day and spent it in front of a fan! Our A/C stopped working right the night before and so we were without A/C until 4:30 that day. It was 96 outside, but with the humidity it felt like 106. It was up to 88 in the house!

Thought you might enjoy some pictures of my life as well!

~2 months (I think)~ ~6 months~
~5 years (close to 6) with brother Rodney~ ~6 years~
~8th Birthday~


~Life on the farm with pigs (between 9 and 12 years old)~

~High School Senior (17 years)~
What I look like now!! Only 4 more weeks from today until my due date!

**********************************************************
An Update on my Garden (or lack thereof!)
On Thursday (the 9th), I weedeated my garden--yes, it was very overgrown with tall grass. Here is what it looks like after being weedeated. I still have a watermelon plant, cantalope plant, zucchini plant, tomato plants, pumpkin plant, few corn stalks, a dill and okra plant, as well as a few carrots and radishes.
My watermelon that's growing:
One of my cantalpes:
A few of the things I've picked (zucchini, beet, radish, corn): We actually had 3 ears of corn for dinner today! I've only picked one tomato so far, but there are a lot of large green tomatoes on the plants!

3 comments:

Roseanne said...

Happy B-day Christopher -from Zak,
Happy b-day to Janette. What a nice post and neat to see pic. of you growing up. It is also neat how much Christopher has changed. Good work on your garden. I know how frustrating it can be, ours didn't survive because of the heat. Nice to catch up on everything in your life.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you and Christopher. I loved looking at the pictures of you growing up. I think one of my favorite ones was of you holding Rodney. Very cute. Hope you are having a great week.

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday Janette and Christopher. Miss you! I love the cake and it looks like Christopher really enjoyed his bike. We still are trying to move in...set backs but we're making it. School starts tomorrow. Boys are going to IBS as of now. :) I'm working in public school system. We hope to get back up there in a week or so to get the rest of the stuff....once we can get moved in here. Mom and Dad are also moving this week...life is too hectic. Pray for us. Hope the baby is doing well. Love
vicki