Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope your family had a nice day and remembered for what you are THANKFUL!

We had a great family day at home.
We started out by Trint & Christopher making a nice breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, and hash brown casserole (I made the casserole the day before).
Then the kids put on a skit for Daddy about "The First Thanksgivng." Christopher was a Pilgrim, Blake was an Indian & Lilly was a Pilgrim lady:
Here are the Pilgrims sailing in the Mayflower:
The Pilgrim & Indian's feast:
We had a FEAST at lunch. We had ham, hash brown casserole, sweet potato casserole, homemade stuffing, corn on the cob, homemade rolls, homemade dill pickles, cranberry sauce, mint chocolate pie (adapted from Betty Crocker's "Grasshopper Pie"), and sugar cookies. We probably didn't even eat 1/4 of what we had on the table, so we have plenty for the next few days of not cooking too much!! :-) By the way, the pie was EXCELLENT!!!! It tasted just like mint chocolate chip ice-cream but not as cold! I also tried a new recipe from allrecipes.com for the sweet potato casserole and it was delicious too...tasted like pecan pie! (Go HERE for the recipe.)


We also wrote down some things we were thankful for on a turkey that Christopher had made earlier.
After all the dishes were done, we put up the Christmas tree & decorations (I'll get pictures of them later). I can't believe November has flown so fast...I feel good about getting some things done for Christmas in Sept & Oct, but once Nov hits, time goes so fast, I don't have time to do any thing extra it seems!! Christmas is less than a month away!!!!

1 comment:

Mom C said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful FAMILY day! I enjoyed reading about it and seeing all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. Can hardly wait to see you! Hugs & kisses to all of you.