
Earlier, I posted a picture for you to guess. Thanks to those who left comments! The answer is
the inside of a cooked PUMPKIN. The first pumpkin that I cooked was 17 lbs. and it made 5 quarts of pulp. This pumpkin (my second one) was 27 lbs. and I got 9 quarts (18 pints) of pulp from it! We have a lot of pumpkin for a while. I freeze my pumpkin in freezer bags so I don't have to can it. We've enjoyed pumpkin muffins a couple times since I cooked the pumpkins (
recipe on Heather's blog). (I also like the recipe with raisins instead of chocolate chips.) I also made some pumpkin apple bread. One thing Trint likes is Pumpkin Crunch which is like pumpkin pie filling with white cake mix, butter & nuts on top instead of pie crust under it--really good!

Roasted pumpkin seeds.


1 comment:
You sure have been one busy wife and mommy with all that cooking! Hope you all like pumpkin! I love you bunches!
Post a Comment