Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happenings in our lives...

Driving a truck in the grocery store--something my kids thought was SO FUN!!
Lilly with her muddy shoes when she got STUCK in a mud puddle and couldn't get out!
(This is after most of the mud had been scraped off and she had a bath and changed her clothes.) Here she was looking at them and saying, "Uh-oh!" (I should have got a picture of her IN the mud!) Trint & Blake at a house when calling on people to come to our Friend's Day at church. The boys took turns going to the door with Trint & Andrew S.
The evening service after the Friend's Day service in the morning (we had a total of 173), was a Kidz Klub 7th Birthday service & party.
Pam talking about the life of Joseph (Rodrigo as Joseph):
The "Teen Power" choir directed by Trint.
Recognizing Pam who has done Kidz Klub for 7 years:
Cake & Ice-cream after the service!

Lilly helped me pick my green tomatoes off of my frozen tomato vines:
I had quite a few green tomatoes, so I made...
...this (fried green tomatoes--we dip them in Ranch dressing), and ...
...this (Salsa Verde--I got the recipe from some Hispanics here). I had about 32 cups of salsa and froze 3 bags of slices for fried tomatoes! By the way, I freeze my salsa rather than having to can it all.
I took the kids to the museum for a special "street fair." I got them this balloon, ice-cream and had their picture taken in the jail (we are suppose to pick it up tomorrow).
We recently had Nathan & Laura for supper and games and had a fun time!

3 comments:

Roseanne said...

Looks like your up late doing the same thing I am - bloging. Your kids are growing up fast. Hopefully we can get to see you again soon. You had some great ideas to keep kids from being too bored. Keep up the great job being a great mom.

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you for the nice birthday comment.

Enjoyed seeing all the nice pics on your blog! It is so exciting to us that you and Trint and y'all's family are going to such a great church and getting involved. That makes this former pastor's wife (and pastor) THRILLED! =)
We love and appreciate y'all and have many wonderful memories of our AZ days and our times together with y'all, the Wolcotts, the Evans, and many others.

Mom C said...

There's no one busier than the mommy of young children! You're doing great, Janette. You're a good wife, a wonderful mother and a super daughter-in-law! Hugs to all of you!