In December & January, we went to Phoenix to see Trint's family. We went from snowy, cold KS to bright, sunny Phoenix--what a change. The kids had quite a difference of playing in snow all bundled up to playing outside with no jacket! We had a VERY COLD drive from here until we almost got to Phoenix and then back again. The coldest temperature I saw in our van on the trip was 2 degrees! Most of our windows in the van (except the windshield) were usually iced over on the INSIDE and we couldn't see through them!
Snow and mountains south of Flagstaff, AZ.
Iced window in our van.
While there, we had a "Castle Musical Concert." The grandkids & brothers sang, Trint played his trumpet & I played a violin song. Martha played the piano for most of the singing.
Trint, Tracy & Troy singing.
All the grandkids (except Silas) sang "Away in a Manger."
Rose singing "Amazing Grace."
Seth & Ethan sang "We Love Him."
The three youngest cousins (Lilly-2, Silas-2 and Blake-almost 5) waiting patiently while their daddies were practicing.
Troy & Tracy took some of the kids to South Mountain (the Phoenix valley behind) and then to see where the Phoenix Suns players play ball. (Christopher's photos.)
Rose & Lilly.
Playing with Christmas gifts.
Birthday party for Dad Castle at Amazing Jake's. The kids had a blast playing games and going on rides!
Christopher, Blake & Lilly sang "Mary had a Baby Boy" and Lilly quoted Luke 2:11.
4 comments:
Oh, the memories we made! (My little house is way too quiet since you all left me here alone!) Love all the pics -- thanks for taking time to post them all. Love you all bunches!
Looking at your pics makes me realize I took very few. It was fun to see these. Thanks for posting them. I will probably snag a few to use in photo albums.
I liked the concert pictures. It was fun to watch the DVD as well. Silas really likes Trint's trumpet. I read all about the singing and was wondering if everyone sang a cappella. . . Hee. Hee. Just had to tease you. :-)
Sorry, Martha, I didn't get a picture of you playing the piano for most of the songs!
Martha, a pianist is to "accompany," not get noticed :)
Wow, Janette, something makes me think you are related to your mother...oh yeah, that would be all the pictures! :P
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment