Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our 4th of July Week

On Wednesday, July 4th, my parents and some friends came to our house and we had a cookout. Trint made some delicious hamburgers and hotdogs on the wood grill and we enjoyed a large "4th of July meal."


We then took the kids to the zoo where they enjoyed all the animals and being together. They also got to play together a lot at our house. We were going to go to the city's firework show, but it rained some during the day and they cancelled it at the last minute and postponed it until Friday night.
On Thursday evening (July 5th), our boys and I attended the city band that Trint played in.
On Friday evening (July 6th), our family went to watch the city's firework show. We park on a side street and sit in the back of the truck to watch. Here are the boys sitting on beanbags in the truck before the show.
We read that our city has the largest firework show in the state!



On Sunday (July 8th) after church, I invited everyone to our house for a potluck dinner since our pastors are leaving soon (they have about 2 more Sundays here). We had tons of very good food and a total of 14 people were able to come (had hoped that more would come, but some were gone, etc.) I received a very nice surprise that day! At the meal, our pastors brought this cake for me and my baby and all the church people gave me baby gifts! It was totally unexpected but so nice of everyone! By the way, as of yesterday, I have 2 more months until my due date!

5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

I loved the 4th of July, church gathering, surprise baby shower, etc. update! How neat to read the update, and see all of the fun pictures!

We love y'all,
Heather =)

Vicki said...

Good fireworks photos!!!

Martha C said...

Your holiday sounds like such fun!
The shower idea was so nice. I am happy for you. My Mom and sisters have been going wild buying things for me. (That's very good since I got rid of almost everything when we moved here. Essentially I am "starting over" with baby supplies!)

The Dickinsons said...

Janette, Thanks for your 2 sweet comments on Kimberly's violin post! I'm sorry, as I was just reading it over, I realized that I mispelled your name in the post, where I talked about you giving Kimberly lessons. OPPS! So, I just corrected your name, it should be right now. Sorry!

We are very excited for Kimberly and Sarah to have a teacher again. Kimberly was comparing her to you...saying, "Well, she's not Mrs. Janette, but she's nice." =D

Love, Heather =)

Roseanne said...

Nice pic of the fireworks. By the way, if your only 2 mos from due date, where's the pregnancy pictures??? Show us some tummy!haha