We've been busy, but also have had some family fun lately. We went out to eat for our anniversary (we took the boys along) and I made a simple "Orange Juice Cake" with cream cheese icing on it for our anniversary.

We attended the city band that
Trint played in:

The boys enjoy playing outside with sticks and stones after church on a Wednesday night:

Boys pretending to drive motorcycles while we waited for the van tire to be fixed at
Wal-Mart:

Last Thursday night, I made a special night for the boys. We played baseball:

Gave a special gift to each of them:

We ate our Burger King supper out on the lawn as a picnic:

Ice cream was on sale and so we enjoyed ice cream cones and cookies:

I also set up our tent and I slept with the boys in the tent Thurs. night and part of Fri. night (it was misting and windy with a chance of rain so we hauled the sleeping boys to their beds and I took down the tent at 1:30 AM!). Notice the picture of our door keeper!

On Fri. morning, I woke up early (6:00 AM) when it got light and this is what the temperature was:

It has been really nice the last few days--about 70-75 degrees rather than 85-90! We've been able to open up the house and turn off the AC.
This spring when I bought my seeds for the garden, Christopher asked for some flower seeds and so I bought him a package of blue flower seeds for 10 cents and we planted them in my flower corner. Several came up and the other day we saw the first blue flower that bloomed!

On Saturday, I made chocolate chip cookies and no-bake cookies. Today, we took this plate of cookies to our new neighbors that moved in across the road from us.

Just a cute picture of the boys and our dog watching Daddy work in the yard on Friday:
4 comments:
I enjoyed this interesting post, Janette. Love, Sherry Dickinson
Those were some fun times and y'all made some fun memories! I enjoyed reading it all and looking at the cute pics! The camping out sounds like something we'd do...Sarah is dying to go camping...but it's too chilly here in Bogota to do that. =)
Take care, Love, Heather =)
Congrats on your aniversary. Hope you have many more. Your kids are growing. Tell Christopher good job on the blue flower. Zak loves to see pic of Christopher and Blake. We were having a big discussion about who got TowMater and who got Lightening. The tent looked fun. We are hoping to go some weekend soon to Sedona camping.
Wow, seeing these pics makes me miss you all. Blessing and love to you all.
Post a Comment