Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Christmas Greetings from our family to your family. We hope you and your family have had a wonderful year. We are always so excited about this season that celebrates Jesus’ birth and what He has done for us.
We have been busy with our family and church as usual…church functions, schooling, work, and all the necessary things that go along with a family life. We enjoy our church and our friends here, but still miss living in Kansas. We were visited this year by Trint’s Mom in April, my parents in May and my brother Nathan and his wife Lynn in July. It has been a good year and the Lord has blessed us over and over again.
Trint still works as an outside engineer for JK Communications & Construction (a contractor of AT&T). He works from home through the internet which is really nice. He likes to cook outside on the grill in the summer and play basketball at the gym when his surgically repaired knee will allow. He spends most of his time on the computer and playing with the kids.
I (Janette) keep busy with our soon to be 4 children, the house, teaching, and was busy with a large garden this summer. I am expecting a baby due at the end of February and we are all excited about meeting the new member of our family. I had the largest garden I’ve ever had this year with corn, okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, carrots, peppers, and other small things. I canned dill pickles and pickle relish and homemade apple butter and jelly with a neighbor’s apples from their tree. I also froze a lot of corn-on- the-cob, okra, green beans, and hot peppers that we have been enjoying. I enjoy doing crafts in my “spare time” and finally finished a crocheted yarn afghan that I started about 3 years ago! I enjoy doing special things for and with my family.
Christopher is our 7-year-old first grader. He is very creative and tries to make everything that he doesn’t already have out of cardboard and paper. I give him piano lessons and he does fairly well and plays at church frequently for offertories. He likes sports and loves it when he gets to play basketball at the gym with his daddy and the “big guys.”
Blake is our bright 4-year-old who enjoys playing songs on the piano by ear as well as playing and singing at church for offertories (I also give him lessons). He has learned to read well without being in school by picking up from Christopher’s schooling. He is also really good at thinking simple math problems of addition and subtraction. He learned to ride his bike without training wheels this year and likes to circle our driveway many times without stopping.
Lillian is our active, talkative 2-year-old who likes to sing and play and try to keep up with her brothers. She enjoys going to church and Sunday School and to the gym with Daddy and the boys when Mommy can go along to watch her. She has learned to cut paper with scissors and loves to cut a lot…we just have to vacuum all the tiny scraps all over the floor when she’s done for the day. She also likes to draw smiley faces, little people, and flowers.
May God bless you and your family during this Christmas season and throughout the New Year!
Love,
Trint, Janette, Christopher, Blake, Lillian & Baby Castle
No comments:
Post a Comment